Preparing for Christmas can be an enjoyable process when done thoughtfully and in advance. Here are some steps you can take to remove stress when getting ready for the holiday season. Why not set aside some time to take everything into consideration, grab your journal to help you along the way & go into the season feeling calm & ready for the festivities.
- Make a To-Do List: grab your mojo&co journals & write down all the tasks you need to complete before Christmas, including shopping, decorating, cooking, important dates and any other preparations
- Shop Early: Avoid last-minute shopping stress by starting early. Make a detailed list of gift ideas, for whom and try to purchase them well in advance. Stick to your budget as much as possible, Christmas is a time for giving & receiving but not worth going broke or getting into debt for.
- Consider Online Shopping: Take advantage of online shopping to save time and avoid crowded stores. Make sure to order gifts with enough time for shipping, you will find great offers online on the run up to Christmas.
- Plan your nights out: Check in with friends & family for dates you are all available & book them in, don’t forget to make reservations in advance as it will be very busy in the coming months.
- Book appointments: Do you need to get hair or any other personal care done? If so get booking your appointment in advance to make sure you get the times & days you prefer.
- Prepare outfits & clothing: What events or nights out do you have coming up & what are you going to wear? Do you need something new or can you breathe new life into some old?
- Schedule family fun: Are there any fun family days & events you want to enjoy, do you need to book them in advance? Are there nativity plays you may need time off for? Take time to savor the fun moments with loved ones.
- Plan Your Menu: Decide what meals you’ll be preparing for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Make a shopping list of all the ingredients you’ll need.
- Clean and Organize: Set a date aside for the big Christmas home clean up, include the whole family to help out, make it a team effort.
- Wrap Gifts in Advance: Set aside time to wrap your presents early. This will save you from a last-minute wrapping frenzy.
- Schedule Downtime: Remember to take breaks and relax. The holiday season can be busy, so it’s important to take care of yourself.
By planning ahead and being organized, you can make the preparations for Christmas fun & take away some of the stress on the run up to “the most wonderful time of year”.